• Is the bus running today?
Tours are running on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
There are no tours on Monday and Tuesday.
Please check our Facebook page for last-minute updates.
• Where does the bus leave from?
The bus is leaving from Vicar’s Lane, CH1 1QU. Opposite St John’s Church, you will find a lay by with a bus stop.
GPS coordinates: 53.189725, -2.885354
It is also possible to catch the bus from different stops in the city:
• Stop 2: Lower Bridge Street (Southbound) - opposite La Fattoria Restaurant
• Stop 3: Castle Drive - opposite Chester University Riverside Campus
• Stop 4: Little Roodee Car & Coach park
• Stop 5: Lower Bridge Street (Northbound) - opposite Ye Olde Kings Head Pub
• Stop 6: Grosvenor Street - opposite The Saddle Inn Pub
• Stop 7: Roodee Racecourse - opposite the Holiday Inn
• Stop 8: Princess Street Town Hall - old bus station Stand 13
• Stop 9: Forgate Street - Stop EE
• Stop 10: Vicar's Lane
• Is the bus accessible?
Unfortunately, the bus is not accessible to wheelchair users, as there is a step to get on board.
• How old is the Routemaster?
The bus running in Chester is an authentic London Routemaster RML887 dating back from 1961.
The bus is one of 2,760 built for service in London between 1956 and 1968 and remained in service until 2005.
• Can I take my dog on board?
Well behaved dogs are always welcome!
• Can I take my pram on board?
Folding prams are welcome on board, there is a space on board where you can leave it.
• How long is the ticket available for?
Your ticket is available for two days from the date shown. If the bus is not operating on one of these days you may use the ticket on the next available day. For example if you buy a ticket for a tour on Sunday, your ticket will be available on Sunday and the following day the bus is operating: Wednesday.
• Where can I buy my tickets?
You can be your ticket online on:
If you buy your ticket online, please make sure the tours will be running on the day you booked. It is not necessary to print out the voucher. It is also possible to buy your ticket on board.
• Can I buy my ticket on board?
It is possible to buy your ticket on board with cash, however we don’t take card.
• Is the tour free for young children?
The tour is free for children under age 5.